B.A. (Hons.), B.A Programme., B.Com. Course,
B.Com. (Hons), B.Sc. (Hons.) & B.Sc. Programme
All undergraduate degree courses shall be taught in semester mode in the academic session 2011-12 as per details notified by the university of Delhi. [For course structure and syllabi refer to website: www.du.ac.in]
The medium of instruction in Hons. Courses of Bio-Chemistry, Botany, Chemistry, Commerce, Economics, History, Mathematics, Philosophy, Psychology and Zoology is English only. Other courses are taught in both English and Hindi.
SUBJECT COMBINATIONS OF DISCIPLINE COURSES (DC) IN B.A. PROGRAMME
Discipline Courses: A student shall do 12 discipline courses in all, 6 each in two disciplines (1 each per semester). The combinations of the discipline courses offered in the College are as follows:
|1st Subject||Option for 2nd Subject||Remarks|
|Economics||Political Science or Maths or English|
|English||Political Science or Psychology or O.M.S.P. or Economics||Those opting for English as DC should have studied English A at +2 level.|
|Hindi||History or O.M.S.P. or N.H.E.||Those opting for Hindi as DC should have studied Hindi A at +2 level.|
|History||Political Science or Sanskrit or Hindi|
|Maths||Economics or O.M.S.P.||Those opting for Maths as a DC should have passed Maths with 60% marks at +2 level.|
|Music||O.M.S.P. or Sanskrit or Philosophy||Those opting for Music have to clear a test at the time of admission.|
|N.H.E.||Sanskrit or Hindi or Psychology|
|O.M.S.P.||Maths or Music or English or Hindi|
|Philosophy||Music or Sanskrit or Psychology|
|Political Science||History or Economics or English||Those opting for Political Science as a discipline course, preference would be given to those who have studied Political Science at 10+2 level|
|Psychology||Philosophy or English or N.H.E.|
|Sanskrit||N.H.E. or Music or Philosophy or History||Those opting for Sanskrit as a DC should have studied Sanskrit at least upto Class X.|
- Those opting for English as Discipline Course should have studied English A at +2 level.
- Those opting for Hindi as a Discipline Course should have studied Hindi A at +2 level.
- Those opting for Maths as a Discipline Course should have passed Maths with 60% marks at +2 level.
- Those opting for Music have to clear a vocal test at the time of admission.
- Nutrition and Health Education
- Office Management and Secretarial Practice
- Those opting for Sanskrit as a Discipline Course should have studied Sanskrit atleast upto Class X.
- English A at +2 level.
- M.I.L. (Modern Indian Language) : Hindi is the only M.I.L. (Modern Indian Language) taught in the college.
- Hindi A, Band C is for those students who have passed Hindi in Class XII, X and VIII respectively.
- In special cases a student may be permitted to offer Philosophy or History in lieu of M.LL if not otherwise offered.
- English A, Band C is for those students who have passed English in Class XII, X and VIII respectively.
However students who have studied English at least upto class X will be preferred.
A student will study one of the following Foundation courses offered in the Second Year :-
- Language, literature & Culture (English Medium)
- Language, literature & Culture (Hindi Medium)
- Human Rights, Gender & Environment
A student will study one of the following application courses which will be offered in the College in the Third Year :
- Mass Communication (Hindi Medium)
- Mass Communication (English Medium)
- Nutrition and Health
- Voluntary Organizations
- Fitness, Aerobics and Gym Operations
The college reserves the right to change the courses offered within the framework of the Restructured B.A. Programme.